Thursday, April 3, 2014

Weldon {4 Weeks Old}

Whoa! These weeks are just flying by. I can't believe our baby is already 4 weeks old.

He is growing and changing so much and so quickly! 

I don't know exactly how much he weighs but I'm sure he's already close to 10 pounds. I'll find out Monday and try to remember to put his actual weight in the post. He's already outgrown his newborn clothes and is now wearing 0-3 month and 3 month clothing. 

I just moved him into Size 1 diapers on Wednesday. Slow down buddy!

Weldon continues to be a great baby! He is such a snuggler! He doesn't do well falling asleep in my arms (same as his sister) but he snuggles when he wakes up and after he eats. 

His schedule is still about the same as last week but I am starting to notice his natural rhythm of sleep. Well one difference, he's started waking up earlier (not my favorite) at 6:45/7 -- same time as Eliza so that might get tricky when I don't have Will's help in the morning. :)

He's still going about 2.5-3 hours between feedings (depends on how long his nap is) during the day. If he wakes early from his nap I've been picking him up and holding him. 

For now I'm still keeping him awake from around 7-8:30/45pm so that he's good and tired for bedtime. I feed him before I put him down for the night in hopes of a good 4-5 hour stretch of sleep. This usually works but sometimes he's up after 3 hours and I'll just feed him and put him pack to bed.

Eventually I'll move him to a 7pm bedtime and maybe do a dream feed with him around 9:30/10pm in hopes of a nice long stretch of sleep. :) Our current schedule is working well for both of us now so I don't want to mess with a good thing.

I've noticed that Weldon is following objects and voices as they move around the room. He has also started batting at the toys on his activity mat.

I really love this newborn stage and try to remind myself of that when I wake up tired and the house isn't cleaned and picked up the way I like it to be. :) These sweet little ones won't be babies long so I want to cherish these times!

No comments:

Post a Comment