Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Weldon {2 Weeks Old}


These newborn days are so sweet and I love them so much! Weldon is an amazing sleeper and quite the snuggle bug! I could just eat him up. :)

I love when he naps in my arms or just curls up in a ball to snooze after eating. He seriously melts my heart! I love this little guy so much and cannot imagine not having him around!

He had his 2 week check-up on Monday and the doctor said he looks great and is very healthy! So thankful! His current stats are:
Weight: 8lbs 2oz (37%)
Height: 21 inches (69%)

Weldon is doing really well with a 2.5-3 hour schedule during the day. I'm starting to figure him out (at least for the time being). He usually has a 1-1.5 hour awake time in the morning after he eats and then takes a 1.5 hour nap. After he eats mid-morning and early afternoon he may only stay up for 30-45 minutes and he's ready to sleep again. By late afternoon he stays awake for a longer stretch of time-- usually 1.5 hours and then he takes a little catnap around 6. I feed him again around 7 and then try and keep him up as long as I can-- usually till 8:45. 

Last night Weldon slept so well and I woke up feeling so refreshed! He went to sleep around 9pm-- woke up at 1am-- slept from 1:30-5am -- back to sleep from 5:30-8:30am. I'm not counting on nights of sleep like this being the norm just yet but it sure is a nice treat when it happens.

Weldon has been on several trips around town-- Target, downtown, and the doctors office. I'm so much more at ease getting out and about with him than I was with Eliza.

Weldon and Eliza had their first stroll in the double stroller this week. They both loved it. I see many of these in our future with warmer spring and summer days ahead!

Weldon went on a little shopping trip with Will and I yesterday. We went to the outlets in Kansas City (Will went to Cabelas) and then we had lunch at Chick-fil-a! Chick-fil-a is a treat for me because there is not one in Lawrence...

We had a great second week with you little man! You are making the transition from 1 to 2 children easy on us (so far)!


You weren't really into picture taking today...

No comments:

Post a Comment