Thursday, March 6, 2014

Eliza Meets Her Bubba

These last 24 hours have been nothing short of amazing! I will cherish these times forever. This morning was incredibly special for Will and I when Eliza met Weldon. 

My parents brought her over to the hospital and I met them in the hallway of the Mother-baby floor. Eliza was a little overwhelmed by the hospital environment and seeing her momma in this strange place. We hugged and chatted for a moment before going to our room. 

When we first walked in she seemed unsure and wanted me to hold her. After a couple minutes Will got her attention and told her that he was holding bubba. She enthusiastically exclaimed "bubba!" and hopped up on the sofa beside her daddy and Weldon. 


It seemed like everything just came together for her when she saw her daddy holding bubba! She immediately laid her head down on Weldon's chest and started gently patting him. It was the sweetest thing I have ever seen our daughter do. 

She sat up there loving on her bubba for a good 15-20 minutes (forever in Eliza time). She alternated between hugging him, kissing him, saying his name and pointing to his eyes. :) 

We were all in awe of Eliza's tenderness with her brother and sat there with tears of immense joy streaming down our faces. I am so grateful for this family God has blessed me with. 

Before Eliza left, she also enjoyed resting on momma's bed like a big girl and having snacks. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment