Thursday, January 23, 2014

Pregnancy: 3rd Trimester

                        
I started this post several weeks ago when I began the 3rd trimester and well, here we are now at almost 35 weeks. This pregnancy has really flown by! I think a lot has to do with the fact that I have a very busy 16 month old and I'm not counting this pregnancy week-by-week like I did the first time around. :)

Overall this pregnancy has been very similar to the first. I feel good for the most part and still have some energy. One major difference this time around is the absence of regular workouts. I feel like a part of my life has gone missing. I really love running or going to the gym but it just hasn't happened this pregnancy. My "workouts" recently have been taking care of Eliza and chasing her all over the place. :)

One thing that has worsened with this pregnancy are the vericose veins on my legs. During the second trimester I purchased some compression hose to help with the circulation in my legs. I try to wear these at least 4-5 days a week, they definitely make a difference in how my legs feel.

I have an appointment on Friday with an ultrasound to measure the size of our little guy. I tend to measure a couple weeks behind on size so my doctor wants to take a look at his measurements. I had the same thing done with Eliza and everything was right on track, she was just a small baby. :) I'm assuming the same will be true of Weldon. 

I can't believe I'm about to start having weekly appointments and that we are only 4-5 weeks from becoming a family of 4!! My nesting instinct has certainly kicked into high gear. The nursery is (just about) complete, closets are organized, the house is clean, floors are mopped, and laundry is done. Still need to pack my hospital bag and put the infant car seat in my car (can't believe we are going to have 2 car seats in there!) but I'm going to wait a little bit longer to do that.

My friends are throwing me and Weldon a "sprinkle" next weekend so I'm really looking forward to that! 

Otherwise I'm just going to soak up these next few weeks of time with my only child! :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment