Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Baby Weldon's Nursery

I have had so much fun planning Weldon's nursery. I knew the color scheme I wanted for a boy nursery since my first pregnancy. The color scheme is based on this Lacefield Designs pillow. I think it's so masculine and classic.


We had to do some bedroom rearranging before we could start decorating since we initially setup the third (upstairs) bedroom as a guest bedroom. Now we have both nurseries upstairs along with our bedroom and the guest bedroom downstairs (in Will's former office). 

The hardest decision I had to make for the nursery was the crib and dresser. I didn't want to spend much money on either of them but I also wanted pieces I really liked. Decisions, decisions... Since Eliza has a white crib and dresser I really didn't want to go that route nor did I want to go the dark wood route. When I found these amazingly priced pieces from IKEA in a gray-brown color I was immediately sold (crib & dresser)! I absolutely love them. I'm so glad to have a dresser that we actually like and will want to keep for a long time.





 We also picked up some picture ledges from IKEA to use as a bookshelf. 


The bedding for Weldon's nursery is the same as Eliza's, Serena and Lily basic crib bedding, I just purchased the one with green trim and some coordinating sheets.


 I also got the Serena and Lily changing pad to match the bedding. 


I loved the Pottery Barn Boppy cover I used with Eliza that I purchased this khaki one for Weldon. 


My other Pottery Barn purchase was this mobile I found on sale. 


The other things in the room just fell into place because we already owned them. The glider is from Eliza's room, pallet above the crib was made by Will, the European deer mount is from Will's collection (of course), and the floor lamp and side table were in other places around the house. 



I have two other things to hang on the wall but they haven't arrived/aren't hung. One is this animal alphabet and the other are picture frames.

I'm so happy about how Weldon's nursery turned out and look forward to spending many hours in here with our sweet baby boy!

2 comments:

  1. Awe! Christine, it is so cute! What a great job y'all did! I love the bed and crib, they are so cute. Love it all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO SO SO perfect! I just love it and I know he will too :)

    ReplyDelete