Monday, December 16, 2013

Christmas Festivities

Lawrence has a variety of Christmas-y events that we decided to take part in this year. (Honestly, I had no idea these things were even going on last year...life with a 3 month old).

We attended the Lawrence Festival of Trees at Liberty Hall. There were probably about 50 trees and 20 wreaths decorated. It's only up for a couple of days at the beginning of December and then they auction the trees to raise money for a local non-profit.


I loved this non-traditional tree complete cardinals and little red berries.


I also loved this neutral toned tree with burlap ribbon.


Next event we attended was the annual Christmas parade in downtown Lawrence. I've never attended a traditional Christmas parade-- lots of horses! 

We met up with some families in our small group for the parade. It was all of 10 degrees outside! I don't believe I've ever stood outside in those temperatures for 45 minutes before. We had on so many layers and it was still SO cold!


My crazy husband without a hat or gloves on!


The parade...



Friends...


The family...


Group lunch at our new favorite place in town, Merchants. We had 4 children under 2.5 in tow and things were remarkably low key and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment