Thursday, October 17, 2013

Pregnancy: Halfway!



I cannot believe this pregnancy has hit the halfway mark! It has truly flown by. I'm sure Eliza has a lot to do with that. :)

The first trimester was very similar to my first pregnancy. I started feeling nauseous around 8 weeks (the worst from 9-10) and then started feeling like myself again around 12 weeks. It's crazy how incredibly tired I was those first 12 weeks! I was going to bed around 8:30/9, sleeping 10 hours and still exhausted by mid-afternoon.

I'm definitely feeling more like myself again these days. I'm trying to make it to the gym at least 2 days a week. Running just feels weird when I'm pregnant so I'm alternating between the elliptical and the bike. I also do a few minutes of light weights and then a lot of stretching!

I've noticed that my legs are more sore this pregnancy and those lovely vericous veins are appearing sooner and larger too. I actually just ordered a pair of compression stockings to help with the pain.

Here's a snapshot of how I'm doing at 20 Weeks:

Maternity Clothes? Maternity pants with a mix of regular tops and sweaters. 
Weight Gain? Around 9-10 pounds
Stretch Marks? Nope
Gender? BOY
Movement? Just started feeling some soft kicks. I love it!
Sleep?  Mostly good. I find myself rolling around a lot trying to get comfortable. Sorry Will!
Food Cravings? Nothing is really standing out. With the cooler weather I've been enjoying soups. 
What I Miss? Running and really exercising/sweating! 
Symptoms? Sore legs and the oh so lovely vericous veins 
Belly Button? Starting to poke out.
Best Moment of the Week? It was actually a few weeks ago, finding out that Eliza is going to have a baby brother!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the baby bay! You look great! I wish I looked like that when I was 20 weeks along. My best moment while I was pregnant was the look on my husbands face when our obgyn in Sugar Land told us that we were having twins. A boy and a girl. He looked like he was going to pass out. It was a huge surprise because twins usually skip a generation. I have a twin brother who also have a set of twins that are a boy and girl. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy Christine!

    ReplyDelete