Thursday, October 10, 2013

Baby Boy Nursery Inspiration

All I had to do was hear that Baby #2 is a boy and I knew exactly how I wanted to decorate his nursery! 

Baby Boy Nursery

The fish pillow (see above) by Lacefield Designs is my color inspiration for the room. I have loved that pillow since the first time I saw it; and just knew if we had a boy it would be in the nursery. 

The rest of the decor for the room is a no-brainer if you know my husband at all. He is quite the outdoor enthusiast so the deer mount (the one in baby boy's room will be one that Will has killed), forest animal mobile, and dark wood furniture pieces are all inspired by him.

We are going to keep the walls the color they are currently painted. It's a Restoration Hardware color called Silver Sage. My mom has me hooked on this color-- it's the prettiest blue-gray-silver. I think it will work nicely with the nursery colors.

With two babies under 2 (acutally under 18 months!) we will be purchasing another crib. Here's the one I'm currently thinking about. I like the two-tone look of it but I might change my mind by the time we actually purchase one. We will see.

I ordered a bunch of bedding swatches from Serena & Lily the other day that should be on there way. I really love their bedding (Eliza's white bedding is from there) and it's reasonably priced compared to a lot of stuff I like. I'm thinking of doing a bumper trimmed in mocha, like the one above, or sprout green.

I still love the glider we purchased for Eliza so we are just going to move that over to Nursery #2 closer to the due date. No need to purchase another one of those!

While I'm certainly in planning mode of the nursery I don't think we will actually make any changes to the bedroom till Will's Christmas break when we can get a lot done at once. Something to look forward to! 

2 comments:

  1. Love this! Sweet and masculine...perfect combo! Congratulations on your growing family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Weldon! Weldon is going to love his masculine nursery. I love the baby Mod Crib...so adaptable.It is so exciting to watch you select colors and accessories - I love the deer head.Of course I love Weldon already! Eliza is so precious and growing soo fast! I can hardly wait to play with her!
    I love you and hugs,
    Nana

    ReplyDelete