Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Easy Weeknight Meals

Now that my appetite is back after the 1st Trimester blues I'm ready to try some out some new recipes.Thanks to Pinterest there is never a shortage of inspiring meals.

It's still so hot in Kansas that I have been craving light dinners that don't take much prep time.

The first is a Cobb Salad that I have made before but forgot about. We don't make salads often around here because they never fill my husband up-- even if they have meat on them. :) He likes them and will eat them but often asks what else we have to eat...

{Cobb Salad}

Ingredients
1 Hardboiled Egg
2 Bacon Slices
1 Head of Romaine Lettuce
1 C. Turkey or Chicken
1/2 Avocado
1 Tomato
1/4 C. Blue Cheese

Dressing
1/4 C Red Wine Vinegar
1 t. Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 t. Dijon Mustard
1 Garlic Clove
1/3 C Olive Oil

The  second meal was for my husband. After a salad dinner on Sunday night I thought he deserved something more hearty and filling the next night. This was such an easy and delicious meal to throw together. We will definitely be making this throughout the fall and winter months. Did I mention that it is super easy to make? I love the crockpot!


Another light and oh so simple meal to throw together. We both really loved these tacos. We eat mexican at least twice a week so it was nice to add something new to our rotation. I liked these so much that I might be making them again this weekend!


Do y'all have any new recipes that you've tried lately? I'm always on the lookout for new & easy meals!

No comments:

Post a Comment