Tuesday, September 17, 2013

1 Year Old

It is truly amazing that it has been a whole year since we first laid eyes on our precious daughter! At times it doesn't seem possible that we have already been together for 1 year and yet your daddy and I know you so well that it seems you have always been with us.



This year has been such an immense joy for me. I have always dreamt, imagined, and prayed what it would be like to be a mother. It's amazing to think that you were knit together perfectly in my womb by God to be exactly who your daddy and I need. What a blessing and a gift you are to us sweet Eliza-bug! You have made the transition to motherhood so natural for me.


I love spending my days with you and watching you soak in things around you. You have changed so much in this first year and yet I'm not surprised in the littlest bit of the personality you have today. Your daddy and I talk all the time about how spunky and fun you are! We have many fun days ahead!

1 Week Old

1 Year Old

You are quite the mover and shaker these days little one! You prefer walking over crawling but probably do them both about 50/50 right now. I don't think it will be long till you are a full time walker/runner! 


Your favorite activities these days are following momma around the house, rearranging furniture (pushing the ottoman and garden stool around in the den), reading, swinging, strolling and playing with Winston (our dog). Speaking of Winston, he can make you laugh more than anyone! Y'all will play together for 15-20 minutes or until he gets tired and you just giggle and squeal the whole time!


All of your busyness makes you one tired little girl at night. You go to bed around 6:45 most evenings  and sleep till 6:30-7 in the morning. I love our schedule! You are still taking two naps but both of them are getting shorter. I'm ready for you to drop the morning nap and hopefully take a longer afternoon nap but I don't think you are ready to make it from 7am- 12/1pm without a nap just yet.

You are a great eater and will consume just about anything I put in front of you. Your favorites are bananas, avocado, lima beans, black beans, turkey and apple sauce. We recently started you on Whole Milk and you are drinking it 4 times a day. I think we will start to give it to you with your meals soon but for now you drink milk when you wake up, after naps and before bed.


I just can't believe your daddy and I have had the joy of raising you for one year already! We look forward to a lifetime with you sweat pea!


I can't wait to continue celebrating your birth with our family and friends this week! Love you very much!


No comments:

Post a Comment