Wednesday, August 21, 2013

1st Trimester Wrap-Up

This pregnancy seems very similar if not better than my first. I know, I know... That doesn't make me popular with the moms that have really tough first trimesters/pregnancies.

I happen to really love pregnancy! Of course the first trimester still zaps me of energy, I feel queasy and have aversions to some food but that seems pretty mild to some of the stories I've heard.

Having Eliza during this pregnancy keeps me from realizing just how tired I am and from resting as much as I did the first time around. But that just means I'm in the bed asleep by 8:30/9 most nights! 

I'm hoping my energy comes back soon and I can get back into a workout routine. I had to take a break from exercise last pregnancy too. (Note: I exercised for the first time yesterday. I just eased back into it with 30 minutes of cardio and some weights but it felt great!)

We had our first ultrasound last Friday and it was SO fun to see the baby!! 


Something about actually seeing the baby on the monitor makes it so real. We heard our sweet baby's heart beat (163) and saw him/her bouncing around in there! Seeing the baby's movements really makes me look forward to feeling them! That was one of my favorite things about pregnancy.

I'm still in all of my regular clothes and haven't seen much change with my body yet but I'm sure it's coming soon! I'm actually excited about getting a belly too! Is that weird? I love a pregnant belly! 

I'm planning on keeping this pregnancy documented but I'm not going to do weekly updates like last time. Maybe monthly ones? Here's the first photo documenting this pregnancy:

No comments:

Post a Comment