Sunday, June 9, 2013

Seabrook Island

We just had a great week at Seabrook Island in South Carolina with my parents. We have been going to Seabrook for many years now but this year was extra special. It was our first time going to the beach as parents! 


I absolutely loved having our sweet little "bug" at the beach with us but it certainly changed the dynamics of vacation! 


I told Eliza that we were going on vacation and that while we were at the beach she could sleep in... Well, I think she was really excited we were on vacation and woke up at 5:30 every morning! It didn't matter what time I put Miss Eliza to bed she was up early and ready to play! Thankfully her Poppy wakes up early and he took the early morning shift with her several days so I could sleep an extra hour! (Thanks dad!) 


Eliza and I enjoyed going down on the beach in the morning before her nap (while her dad was still sleeping). We let him sleep in most days!


She was very curious about the ocean and showed no hesitation.


We took Eliza in the pool a few times and she tolerated it. She definitely wasn't thrilled about it!



She had a lot more fun crawling in the sand!



Other fun activities included a trip to the playground to swing and slide!





And just playing at the condo-- Eliza is pulling up on just about everything now!


Will and I are very thankful to our in-house babysitters who kept Eliza one evening while Will and I enjoyed a date night at the Fat Hen.


Gigi kept Eliza one morning while Will, my dad and I went on a fishing expedition. More on that in the next post.


For now I'm enjoying the rooftop terrace of our hotel in Charleston while our baby sleeps! 

Vacation is almost over... 

Thank you mom and dad for a relaxing week at the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment