Monday, March 18, 2013

6 Months Old



How is it possible that you, my newborn baby, are already 6 months old? And how is it possible that I love you more and more each day! Being a mother to you is even better than I ever imagined. It is so much fun watching your little personality develop and having you interact with us and the world around you!

Mornings are still my favorite time of day with you. I know that's probably because I already love the mornings so much and now I get to spend every one of them with you! You give the best and sweetest smiles first thing in the morning and they make my day. You usually wake up for the day around 6:30 or 7. You give me sweet snuggles, eat and then play in your exersaucer while mommy enjoys her other morning favorite...coffee. :) About 30-45 minutes after you wake up you are ready for your solid food breakfast. You are developing quite an appetite my dear! I feed you a fruit or two along some oatmeal. Now that we are FINALLY back in our house you are eating meals in your new high chair. You are doing great in it!

You have put yourself on a 4 hour schedule and I am really loving that! It seems that you and I both thrive on consistency and schedules. I love having more awake time with you and you are also taking two good naps (usually at least 2 hours). Just in the last few days you have started rolling from your back to tummy when I put you down to sleep. I know you are old enough to safely sleep on your tummy but i'm not used to it yet! I found myself going into your room last night to check on you before I went to sleep. Of course you were fine! Much to my surprise and excitement, you are starting to sleep through the night! Go girl! (Only 3 months later than I was expecting...thanks Baby Wise.)


Although you seem like such a big girl to me now you are still a tiny little thing! You are wearing mostly 0-3 month clothes and 6 month pajamas. Your 6 month check-up is on Friday so I'll find out your weight and height then. I'm guessing you weigh around 13 pounds.

You love bath time! You squeal and splash the whole time. It makes me excited to see you in a pool this summer!



We had one beautiful day last week-- sunny & 83 degrees! -- so I strolled you down to the park in our neighborhood to introduce you to the swing. You absolutely loved it! You kicked your little legs and smiled so big! We will go back as soon as the warm weather returns!


You are Winston's little buddy now. You light up every time he comes around! He is really good with you and tolerates you pulling on his ears and tail. :)



I can't believe we are half way to 1 year! I am cherishing every moment of baby Eliza because you are growing and changing so much! Your daddy and I love you so much sweet pea!

8 comments:

  1. yeah! so glad you're back in your house and that Eliza is doing great with sleeping and schedules. she is adorable! i think 6-12 months is the best baby stage. so much fun!! enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so sweet! How are our babies six months old?! Sounds like things are going great, isn't it so fun?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't even believe it! It seems like just yesterday we were awaiting their arrival! It's been a wonderful 6 months!

      Delete
  3. Happy 6 months!! What a sweet smile!! half way to a year old, crazy right!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks so much older :) She is just a doll! SO thankful for you that she is sleeping through the night now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet! 6-12 months is so fun and flys by so awfully fast. We did a swim class with Gray around 6 months and it is one of our most fun memories of his first year. I'd definitely recommend it if there's one near you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. those eyes and that smile - she's adorable!!! love the picture of winston and eliza on the chair together!!! glad y'all are doing well! -frances

    ReplyDelete