Monday, February 18, 2013

5 Months Old


Happy 5 Months !

Eliza Burke,  Your daddy and I fall more in love with you everyday! You are such a precious gift and we treasure you greatly! This past month has been on-the-go (just like the last few have been) and you have been very adaptable through it all. You are teaching me a thing or two about flexibility!

Here you are on Valentine's Day morning at Gigi & Poppy's house. What a perfect little Valentine!


Mommy and Eliza celebrating our first Valentine's Day together! (We missed having Will with us.)


Eliza with her Gigi & Poppy!


And you also got to visit with your Great Miss Pris & Grandaddy!


Health: I'm guessing you weigh around 13 pounds and you just moved up to a Size 2 diaper. You had your first cold this month. It lasted for about 5 days. It was so sad to hear your baby cough but thankfully you kept eating and sleeping well during it. As you were getting better your daddy and I both got it and I think it affected us more than it did you. You're a strong little one! Other than your cold you have had a good month and you just continue to grow too fast!

Eating: You and I are having fun with the solid food feedings! You are doing so well with them. I feed you solid food twice a day-- morning and early evening. I give you oatmeal or rice cereal along with a fruit or veggie. So far you have tried and liked carrots, peas, sweet potatoes, apples & bananas. You are breastfeeding 5-6 times a day, eating about 4-5 ounces each time.

Activity: I love that you are awake for extended periods of time now. You love the exersaucer and bouncing when we hold you. Your daddy and I can tell that you are going to be a busy little one! The activity mat is still a good place for you to roll around and you now spend a good bit of time on your tummy (and actually enjoy it).


You experienced your first snow this month while we were in Greenville. There wasn't enough snow to play in but it sure was pretty watching it come down. (I know Eliza doesn't have a coat on, we were only outside for a minute!)


Sleeping: Oh, sleeping! I wish I could say that you have been sleeping through the night but that just isn't the case around here. I think you have slept in too many different locations (6 to be exact) in the last few months to be able to sleep through the night. But, given those circumstances I think you are doing well. You wake 1-2 times a night for a brief feeding and then go back to sleep without a peep. I can tell that your naps are starting to change from three 1-2 hour naps to two longer naps and a cat nap in the early evening. I just started reading the book Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child to learn more about sleep schedules/expectations-- so far so good!

Happy 5 Months my sweet Eliza-bug!

1 comment:

  1. 5 months already!? She's so big and sweet! My hats off to you for being such a flexible mama the past few months, being out of your space for that long, especially with a baby is not easy! I love some Weissbluth on sleep, Gray didn't sleep through the night consistently till closer to a year but he was/is an awesome napper and I credit HSHC. Each kid is different, you guys seem to be doing great! Hope you're settling back in at home soon :)

    ReplyDelete