Friday, December 28, 2012

Home for the Holidays: Greenville

We are spending a lot of time in our hometowns this month. Our first stop was my hometown of Greenville, South Carolina. It was Eliza's first time here and I had the best time introducing her to our family and friends.

My grandmother and grandfather came over to my parents house first thing when Eliza and I arrived on Sunday. My grandmother, Priscilla, "Miss Pris" couldn't wait to get her hands on her first great granddaughter! It was a special moment to witness because I have a close relationship with Miss Pris and spent so much of my childhood with her!


My parents hosted a Sip & See drop-in last Thursday and Eliza met lots of our friends -- childhood friends, college friends, family friends -- it was a lot of fun! Here's Eliza with one of my childhood friends, Riley.


Will and I with our sweet party girl!


My mom's brother and one of his daughters came to Greenville for a quick visit before Christmas. We loved visiting with them and introducing them to Eliza!



My mom and I also took Eliza to visit Santa at the mall.


Will and I went on our first date post-baby while we were in Greenville. We went to one of our favorite restaurants, Northampton Wines. It was so nice to have a little adult time and know that Eliza was in good hands with her Gigi and Poppy!


Poppy spent a lot of time reading to Eliza and she just loved it!


Gigi and Poppy both spent lots of time entertaining Eliza on her activity mat-- her happy spot!


On Christmas Eve, we attended the family service at my parents church, Christ Church Episcopal (where Will and I were married). It was a really sweet service with lots of children singing. Eliza did great and slept through half the service.


Christmas day we had a quiet morning with my parents and my grandfather at my parents home.

Our little family!

Eliza slept through most of the opening of presents but she did, of course, have fun playing on her activity mat.

Eliza excited about her 1st Christmas!

Christmas afternoon we went to my grandparents house -- just across town-- and spent time with my dad's family. Eliza was such a trooper and loved meeting her extended family.

Eliza with Poppy and my cousins
Cousins with our mommas

Before heading to Birmingham (the day after Christmas) I spent some time with dear friends -- Mara Diana and Jennifer.


I'm so thankful for the time we spent in Greenville and look forward to our next visit!

1 comment:

  1. awwww the one of her smiling that is so precious!! Loving all the Christmas jammies :)

    ReplyDelete