Monday, December 17, 2012

3 Months Old


3 Months Old...it's hard to believe our tiny little Eliza is officially out of the newborn phase. I have to say that the sleepless nights and foggy-state haven't been as bad as I was expecting. (Thank you Eliza for being a good sleeper!)

Health-- You are a growing girl! I'm not sure of your exact stats right now but I'm guessing you weigh around 10.5 pounds and maybe 22 inches? You definitely don't seem like such a fragile little baby anymore and you hold your head up very well on your own. You are still wearing Size 1 diapers and you are just moving into 3 month old clothes-- I was kinda sad to pack up your tiny newborn outfits. On another note, your daddy and I were both had a cold/cough for about a week and you managed to stay happy and healthy-- I think it's the breast milk. :)

Eating-- You are very much on a 3 hour schedule during the day. If we are out and about when your feeding time rolls around you let me know that it's time to get home and eat! I like your predictability. Now that you will take a bottle (so thankful!) we know that you take about 4 ounces each feeding-- and you eat 6-7 times a day.

Activity-- These last few weeks have been so much fun to see your little personality start to blossom. You are such an alert baby and active baby! From the time you wake up in the morning till your last activity time in the evening you are ready to play! I love watching you discover the toys on your activity mat, wiggle your little body and make the sweetest sounds!

You really like Jacques the Peacock!

Sleeping-- You are doing so well! Most nights you wake up at least one time to eat (and I love having that snuggle time with you). A couple of nights you have treated us with a full nights sleep (I like that too)! My goal is to have you on a 7pm - 7am sleep schedule and you are working towards that. Most nights you go to bed around 7 (with a feeding around 9), you wake up once during the night and then you are ready to start the day around 6:30. I like the mornings so I'm okay with your early rising. You are still getting 3 good naps a day (usually around 1 hour 30 minutes each) and you get a little nap in the evening before we put you down.

It seems that your fussy evenings (4-6) have subsided for the time being and your daddy and I are very thankful for that! You usually only cry when we change your clothes or diaper (you silly girl!) and when you get tired.

We are so thankful to be in South Carolina and Alabama for next few weeks to share you with our families! You are such a joy to have and I'm so thankful that God has entrusted you to us.

Eliza's 1st visit to Santa

1 comment:

  1. Too sweet. I love that peacock toy! I may have to find that for my daughter. :-P

    ReplyDelete