Thursday, October 4, 2012

Weekend Plans

Will and I are venturing out of Lawrence with Eliza tomorrow for a weekend getaway. We are heading to the Cunningham's hunting cabin in Quincy, IL. (How did he talk me into this with a 2 week old baby?) Will has been wanting to take me to this quaint little cabin ever since they started leasing the land a couple of years ago. The drive from Tuscaloosa, AL to Quincy, IL was less than desirable to me (11 hours) but now it's only about a 3 1/2 hour drive.


So, tomorrow morning we are loading up the truck and taking our little girl on her first vacation. Will is very excited to show his girls one of his very favorite places! He's also looking forward to doing a little hunting while we are there. Apparently the weather conditions are ideal for some early season hunting...that's what he tells me. (I can't bring myself to post a picture of a deer on my blog, but you can check out his hunting blog for plenty of that!) I'll stick to pictures of the peaceful scenery.


Eliza and I are looking forward to snuggling in the cabin and taking some good naps together. There's no internet (or 4G) service at the cabin so we will have a little much needed break from it. I plan on bringing my jewelry making supplies and creating some new things. I also plan on enjoying some James Taylor music (I get obsessed with his  music every fall/winter) and eating chili... basically whatever makes me think of the fall and being in a cabin. :) If it's not too cold I'd like to get out and walk with Eliza and enjoy the stillness of the farmland.

My little cuddle bug!

Although I was a little skeptical of the idea of traveling with our little one at first, I'm actually looking forward to our getaway! I'll report back next week on how the weekend went for us.

Have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

  1. You are brave! Hope it goes well and you have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's adorable - already changed so much! So fun that yall are doing that! We traveled up to northern MN when Ellie Jane was almost 3 weeks old and it was so nice to get away and unplug, and just enjoy time together. And it gave me confidence that I really could do this mom thing - even away from home :) Hope yall have a great time!

    ReplyDelete