Thursday, October 11, 2012

Favorites: Newborn Gear

I really like seeing what items moms find helpful for their little ones so I thought I'd put together my own list of favorites. Based on my expert opinion (3 weeks as a momma) here's what has been helpful for us.

SwaddleMe Wraps by Summer Infant
I introduced Eliza to these the first night we were home from the hospital, she sleeps great swaddled. Occasionally I have not swaddled her during naps and she wakes herself up with flailing arms. We now use these wraps for nighttime sleep and naps. 

aden + anais Swaddle Blankets (the classic and bamboo collections)
Eliza is loosely swaddled in these whenever she is not in the wraps mentioned above. Our girl loves to be cozy and warm! I've had the classic blankets since Eliza was born and love them but I just received some of the bamboo ones as a gift and they are incredibly soft. I think Eliza likes them a lot!

Day Gowns
Since Eliza is so little most of the clothes we have don't fit her yet (even newborn size). The day gowns have been great because she doesn't have to fill them out for her to be able to wear them. They are also great for diaper changes in the middle of the night!

Soothie Pacifier
This is the brand of pacifier they give at the hospital and we have yet to try another one. Eliza took a pacifier from Day 1 and absolutely loves it. I love having something that soothes her so easily.

Video Monitor by Summer Infant
This is by far one of my favorite purchases! It has made it so much easier to have Eliza sleep in her crib at night because I can easily check on her. Not to mention, one less trip out of the bed at night is a bonus too! I also keep it with me when she's napping during the day. 

Sound Machine
We introduced Eliza to this (Ocean Waves) the first night at home. I now use it at night and during naps. I even downloaded an Ocean Waves sound app on my phone while I was waiting at the doctor the other day and it helped her sleep well on the go.

The travel Sleep Sheep is also great. It has a velcro strap that easily attaches it to the car seat or stroller. Eliza seems happy with this little thing too!
Snugabunny Bouncer

Eliza spends a little bit of time in her bouncy seat daily. It's a good option for her "wake time" activity. She's napped in it a few times but really does best in her crib (not complaining!). 

Crib Mobile
I didn't purchase this until last week because I wasn't convinced it was necessary. But after seeing how content Eliza is to lie awake in her crib I wanted her to have something to look at. I found this mobile from Pottery Barn Kids and absolutely love it. 

BOB Stroller (with Infant Attachment)
I knew this was the stroller for us before Eliza came along. Will's sister and mom both have them and they are the smoothest and lightest stroller (while pushing, not loading in and out of the car). The infant attachment allows this stroller to be used from the very beginning. 

Graco Snugrider 
Although I love the BOB it's not the most convenient stroller for bopping around town. This snap-n-go stroller is compact, light-weight, and easy to fold. I plan on keeping this stroller in my car and using it all the time!

I think that about covers it for now. I know these items are not essentials for having a newborn but they are some of my favorites. 

1 comment:

  1. I just did a similar post and then came and looked at yours and its funny how many items are the same! Hope yall are doing well!

    ReplyDelete