Friday, October 12, 2012

Cutest Little Pumpkin in the Patch

In celebration of our 3 year Wedding Anniversary Will planned a surprise afternoon date for us (and Eliza) yesterday! My anticipation of the date reminded me of our college days when he would frequently plan wonderful dates for us. Yesterday morning he told me the theme of our date was "Skytop" -- a wonderful apple orchard in North Carolina that we visited annually -- so I was excited to see what he had found in Kansas that could compare.

Our date began at one of our favorite lunch/dinner spots in downtown Lawrence, Free State Brewery. Starbucks happens to be right across the street from Free State Brewery so I treated myself to a Pumpkin Spice Latte before heading out for Part 1 of our date -- a pumpkin patch!


I have really been wanting to take our little pumpkin (that's my favorite nickname for Eliza) to a pumpkin patch so I'm so glad Will planned this for us! We had the best time strolling through the pumpkin patch and picking out a pumpkin for each of us (we even got one for our dog Winston).


Our pumpkin family (Winston is the green one)


There was also a hay bale maze so we strolled Eliza through it. She was thrilled!


We snapped one family photo and then we were headed to our next stop!


Our next stop was...


Will found this place on the way to one of his hunting spots a couple of weeks ago. They are known for their Apple Cider Slushy and Donuts -- we got both. They were absolutely delicious!

We strolled around the farm for a little while and then sat down and enjoyed our donuts!



Our sleepy little pumpkin!
Thank you Will for planning such a fun afternoon for your girls! We can't wait to do it again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment