Monday, October 29, 2012

6 Weeks Old


Eliza, You are getting SO big!!

I have really noticed her growth these past 2 weeks! (I'm so glad my parents are coming to visit next week before she changes even more!)

Overall, Eliza is a very happy baby. :) She wakes up around 7 or 7:30 most mornings and that is her "prime" time -- she loves the mornings like her momma. After she eats, I sit with her while she plays on her activity mat or lies on her happy spot, the guest bedroom bed, and stares out the window.


Nap time usually starts about an hour after she finishes eating and lasts about 60-90 minutes. When she gets up from her nap the routine starts again. :)

Eliza's night time sleep schedule has been pretty consistent the past few weeks. I feed her around 10 pm and then feed her again when she wakes up -- usually around 1:30 and 5am. I'm looking forward to some longer stretches of sleep (guess she still needs to put on more weight before she'll do that?) but overall the middle of the night feeds haven't been as hard as I thought they would be! I require (or did require) a minimum of 8 hours of sleep a night... but it's amazing what a 1 hour nap will do for your day!

Eliza loves her play time and is so alert! She loves looking at lights, ceiling fans, our faces, out the window, her mobile, etc.
Play time with daddy!
Eliza gets her arms and legs moving as the mobile is playing, so cute!
Eliza and I had a first this weekend... we spent our first night at home with just the two of us! Since Jamie was in town with me till Saturday, Will went to Illinois for a quick hunting trip. Eliza did great and let me get a decent amount of sleep. :)

I dressed Eliza in her first "big girl" outfit last week.

My little Gap baby!
Before my 6 week postpartum appointment this morning at the hospital, I ran by the breast feeding support meeting to have Eliza weighed. She weighs 8 pounds 12.5 ounces! Go girl! I knew she had put on some weight. :)

Great news from my appointment is that I'm all healed from delivery and my doctor gave me the okay to start exercising! I'm heading to the gym tonight.

Winston wanted in the pictures too!
We love you so much sweet Eliza!

4 comments:

  1. your baby girl is so Beautiful. i love her nursery . reading your 1st weeks makes me so excited for my little girl due in jan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. once babies get to 9-10 lbs they generally start to stretch the sleep a little further, maybe just getting up once around 3 or 4am. i bet she'll start doing that in the next few weeks, which will give you a nice stretch of longer sleep! she is so beautiful and i'm glad you're enjoying her so much. have fun exercising too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, great! That's what I was thinking but wasn't sure. I'm looking forward to a little more sleep. And yes, I'm so happy to exercise again. My favorite high school class was HES and my sweet teacher. :)

      Delete
  3. awwwww so sweet! Loving the pictures and all of the updates :)

    ReplyDelete