Monday, October 15, 2012

4 Weeks Old


How is that even possible?? These past 4 weeks have just FLOWN by!

I love being a mom to our sweet girl. I have so much to learn about her and about being a momma, but at the same time it has all been very natural. I feel so blessed to be Eliza's mom and I'm so thankful that God has entrusted her to us.

Eliza is becoming more alert every day and it's so much fun to watch her! Will and I both feel like we could just watch her ALL day long! She's really starting to enjoy tummy time now that she has more control over her neck-- she can lift her head up and turn it side to side. When she's lying on her back on the activity mat she is starting to engage with the toys-- it's so cute to hear her coos and watch her bat the toys around.


Sleeping is still going well. She had her first growth spurt last week (lasted about 2 days) so that made things a little different for us. But once that passed we've been back on the same schedule of feeding every 3 hours during the day and 3 1/2 - 4 hours at night.

Eliza continues to be a great eater too. I started pumping this week so I've been sharing the feeding responsibilities (once a day) with my husband (and this week, his momma who is in town visiting us!). It's been really nice to have them give Eliza a bottle around 10pm so I can get in bed a little earlier (amazing what a difference an extra hour of sleep makes).


We have taken Eliza on a lot of fun outings recently. She had her first trip to the Plaza (shopping center) in Kansas City this week-- first time in Anthropologie and JCrew. She is the most pleasant shopping buddy. I love have her with me and strolling her around! Will even said he finds shopping more enjoyable having her with us. :)


Eliza's nicknames are... EB, little pumpkin, little bird and toot-toot. :)

I'm so thankful for this precious gift! Happy 4 Weeks Eliza Burke!

1 comment:

  1. Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete