Monday, October 8, 2012

3 Weeks Old


I have more fun with our daughter everyday! Eliza is such a lovable and happy girl!

Eliza had a doctor's appointment this morning so we have very accurate weight and height measurements for this week.

Weight: 7 pounds 4 ounces (go girl! you are such a good eater!)
Height: 20 inches

Had to bundle up my southern girl before heading to the doctor this morning!
As indicated from her weight (although still itty bitty), she is a growing girl! She's gaining approximately 1 1/2 ounces per day. Her doctor says she's right on track and that she is a very healthy little girl. So thankful for this!

She continues to be a good sleeper. We have been cluster feeding in the evenings (5:30, 7:30 and 9:30) and then she will sleep till 1:30, 4:30 and then we get up for the day around 7:30. I always set my alarm for these times but Eliza must have a pretty good internal alarm clock because she routinely wakes up at these times on her own. During the day I try not to let her go more than 3 hours between feedings, though she normally wakes for these on her own too. Like I said, she's a good eater!

Eliza's waketime activities are becoming more interactive. She really enjoys laying on her activity mat (or a blanket) and staring at whatever is right around her. Eliza also loves staring at her mommy and daddy's face, I love watching how alert she is. She is generally very content during this time.

Too much tummy time!
Eliza is so expressive with her hands. I just love it!
Nap time continues to be good for Eliza too. I'm working on making her nap times more consistent though. As I have mentioned before, Eliza naps best in her crib but I want to work on getting her there before she's overstimulated/tired. It usually takes her longer to fall asleep for naps than during the night. I'm sure that's normal but I'd like to pay closer attention to her tired cues.

Such a sweet sleeping baby.
Bath time is becoming a little more tolerable for Eliza. The first few baths weren't very fun for either of us! Eliza squealed/wailed the entire time and I felt bad for putting her through it. The other times I know I'm going to hear her voice are when she has a wet or dirty diaper and when I'm changing her clothes. Otherwise she keeps things pretty simple and calm for us. Very thankful for this too!

Here are a few more shots from her 3 week old photo shoot with momma.

Getting her picture taken is hard work!
Sporting her matching hat.

1 comment:

  1. So glad she's gaining weight and sleeping well! She's a good baby!! And super cute too :)

    ReplyDelete