Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Stocking the Freezer

While I enjoy cooking most nights of the week I know it's not what I want to be doing when I have a precious newborn to tend to. Over the past few weeks I've been filing our freezer with casseroles to make dinner time easier and yesterday I spent several hours on a couple more meals.

Filled up our downstairs freezer. 
My least favorite part of cooking!

Meals in our freezer:

Chicken Spaghetti from The Pioneer Woman

Roasted Vegetable Lasagna w/ Chicken (Will won't eat a meal without meat) :)

Chicken & Spinach Enchiladas from Southern Living

Ground Beef Casserole (A hearty favorite of Will's) from Southern Living

Chicken, Mushroom and Spinach Linguine

Most of these meals will feed us at least twice so I'm glad to have these around. Also, I know that when our parents are here visiting us Eliza, they will help us with meals too! I've already requested a few meals from my dad on the Green Egg.

We are ready for you little Eliza!

2 comments:

  1. So excited for you guys!! Eliza will be here before you know it! :)

    I think I need these recipes, esp the green egg ones!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog this am and I'm so glad I read this post. I was literally just telling my husband last night that I need to freeze some meals a couple weeks before we go to the hospital so we don't have to worry about it when I get home. LOVE that you put some ideas for me to try because that was my mission for this weekend.

    ReplyDelete