Thursday, September 13, 2012

Pregnancy Brain

It is real!  And I have had a bad case of it recently, just ask my husband!

For those of you who know me well know that I am very scheduled and organized. I love a good day planner, to-do lists and post-it notes. Well, I've been keeping up with those things during pregnancy but I've still managed to be late to appointments, get my days mixed up and completely forget conversations I've had with my husband.

A few mentionable pregnancy brain moments are...
  • not remembering if I turned the sprinkler off in the back yard one evening this week and waking up at 5 am to go outside and make sure it was off...it was! I definitely have no recollection of this.
  • being sure that Eliza's car seat safety check appoinment was at 6:30pm on Monday (I had even consulted my planner) only to find out it was at 6 (I know that's not a huge deal but I don't usually get appointment times mixed up).
  • and the most costly preggo brain moment was putting Will's iPhone in the washing machine! (And this was after he asked me to check his pockets...whoops!) Thankfully a kind and compassionate worker at the Apple store let Will get a new iPhone at the contract price even though neither of our phones was eligible for an upgrade! He may have mentioned that his 38 week pregnant wife was the one who put it in the washing machine... Either way, I'm thankful that I can get in contact with Will when it's time to let him know Eliza is on her way!
Speaking of Eliza, I had a great appointment this afternoon! I'm 3cm dilated and 80% effaced-- this is a lot of progress from last week's appointment! For what it's worth, my doctor thinks there is a very good possibilty that Eliza may arrive in the next few days. That's what I'm hoping for! :)

1 comment:

  1. she will be here so soon! i know you're so excited. it's very hard to wait to meet your sweet baby but it will be soooo worth it!

    ReplyDelete