Friday, August 24, 2012

Late Pregnancy

With less than 4 weeks to go of this 40 week countdown I thought I would summarize my first experience with pregnancy -- the highs and the lows! :) Thankfully I can think of many more highs than lows but regardless I think I would be ready to go through it again.

1st Trimester

Highs:
  • Finding out that I was pregnant!
  • Sharing the news with our parents-- I don't think I'll ever forget how sweet it was telling my parents that they were going to be grandparents!
  • Hearing our baby's heart beat for the first time
  • Having our first ultrasound
Lows:
  • Having pneumonia the first few weeks of pregnancy
  • Nausea for about 5 weeks
  • Fainting at Stein Mart
2nd Trimester

Highs:
  • Feeling like myself again
  • Energy!
  • Working out regularly
  • Having an appetite
  • Finding out the gender of Baby C
  • Starting to actually look like I was pregnant
  • Baby Showers!
  • Foot rubs from Will!
Lows:
  • Spider veins on my legs (unfortunately these have only gotten worse...)
  • Switching doctors because of our move to Kansas (this was probably one of the most stressful things of my whole pregnancy)
3rd Trimester

Highs:
  • Setting up Eliza's nursery
  • Nearing the time when we get to meet our little girl!
  • A prenatal massage (from some sweet friends for my birthday!)
  • More foot rubs from Will...so thankful for these! (and all of his support during pregnancy)
Lows:
  • The return of tiredness and the need for afternoon naps
  • Little motivation to exercise (this drives me crazy because I LOVE working out and being in shape)
  • Having a sore/achy body (that's obviously not from working out) :)
  • Craving sweets (and giving into it). Will would probably consider this a positive thing because he's been getting more sweets than normal too...
So that pretty much sums up the past 36 weeks in terms of my experiences with pregancy.

And since I actually worked out today (not just put on workout clothes) I thought I'd document that...

No comments:

Post a Comment