Thursday, August 30, 2012

Keepin' Busy

Oh, how these last few weeks are already feeling long! I'm trying to be patient (I know Eliza will come when she's ready) BUT I'm just so excited and ready to meet her! I had a good doctor's appointment on Tuesday and found out that my body is making progress towards labor. :) How fast it will progress and when she will come is to be determined. I do know that if she hasn't arrived by 41 weeks I will be induced. I'm hoping that isn't the case and she will arrive before that but we shall see!

In the meantime, we are enjoying time with new friends, going on dates and resting up for the weeks and months ahead.

Tomorrow night we have invited a group from Will's English program over for a cookout. I'm really looking forward to meeting the folks Will is going to be spending the next 5 years studying with and I'm excited to have people into our new home. We figured with Eliza arriving in a few weeks we better go ahead and plan something or else it will be a few  months (I'm guessing) before I am up for it again.

Saturday Will has a surprise date planned for us! I really love these. He has always been a good date planner (he took me on lots of them during our 2 1/2 years of dating) so I'm excited to see what we're going to do this weekend. When we were in college I was so good about taking pictures (probably too many picutres!) so here are some of us on dates during that time...

Our first "unofficial" date at the Carolina Cup.
Sorority Formal -- probably one of my favorite pictures from early on. 
One of many great dates to the Biltmore (many great memories here, including out engagement!)
My birthday date while we were on Beach Project in Myrtle Beach
One of our favorite date spots -- Skytop Apple Orchard.
First trip to the farm with Will.
My favorite date Will has ever planned, our engagement!
Looking through all of these pictures is making me reminisce about our 2 1/2 years of dating and almost 3 years of marriage. Can't believe we've been together for over 5 years! It has been quite an adventure being married to Will and I expect that to continue. :) I am so thankful for the 3 years of marriage with just the two of us and now is the perfect time for our little girl to become a part of our family! I can't wait to see what the next 5 years hold...

Speaking of adventures with my husband, Will is keeping busy with critter control in our attic! Ugh... Earlier this week I woke up in the middle of the night to sounds in our house (well, in our ceilings) and it scared me! As it turns out, we have a family of raccoons that have decided to take up residence in our attic. Eew, this makes me squirm! Will ventured up into our attic this morning-- found the momma and the nest of babies. All day today I have heard them scratch, cry and scurry around. It is driving me crazy but it also makes me sad that we can't do anything for them. Will decided that even for him this might be more than he wants to tackle. So for now we are waiting for Critter Control to come take care of our raccoon infestation in the morning. Oh the joys of home ownership...

No comments:

Post a Comment