Friday, June 22, 2012

Moving Week

I can't believe this week is HERE!

It seems like forever ago (January) that Will received his acceptance letter to the University of Kansas and we made the decision to re-locate to the mid-west!

The same day Will & I found out about his acceptance to KU was also the day we found out that I was pregnant! Talk about a lot of life changes in one afternoon. :)

Since then Will has completed his Masters at the University of Alabama, we travelled to Kansas (first time for me), bought our first house and celebrated the upcoming arrival of Miss Eliza with family & friends.

Now we are just 5 days away from moving!

It's a bittersweet time for me. I love the South and the nearness of family, friends and the familiar...but I am excited about the newness that lies ahead. The way I see it, Will and I are about to embark on a 5 year adventure together. Will's adventuresome spirit and desire to live in the mid-west certainly rubs off on me in a good way! I think of myself as more of a home-body that doesn't like change (or at least has to ease into it...) so this move to Kansas is definitely taking me far outside my comfort zone. I'm ready for it though! I'll let you know how the transition is going once we get there and start getting settled (nesting!).

For now it's time to keep on organizing and packing for our move to Lawrence, Kansas!

No comments:

Post a Comment