Friday, April 13, 2012

G~Mama Ethel

My grandmother Ethel went to be with the Lord this morning. It was only 3 weeks ago that she was admitted to the hospital with what the doctors first thought was pneumonia. The pneumonia-like symptoms turned out to be Hypersensitivity pneumonitis (an inflammation in the lungs). Although my grandmother was in excellent health prior to this sickness it took hold of her quickly and the doctors soon realized she was not going to recover. When my grandmother passed away she was surrounded by her husband, sister and daughters. While this event is very sudden and hard on my family, we are all thankful that she was living a very full and joyful life up to the point of my mom taking her to the hospital 3 weeks ago. We also know that my grandmother loved the Lord and she is in His presence now. In that truth we can Rejoice! Below is a verse I've been reflecting on regarding our life in Christ and taking great comfort in.

But our citizenship is in heaven. 
And we eagerly await a Savior from there,
the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him 
to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies
so that they will be like his glorious body.
Philippians 3:20-21

My husband and I will be joining my parents, grandfather, and many other family members and friends in Greenville this weekend to mourn the death and celebrate the life of my wonderful G-mama Ethel. In light of that, pictured below are some very fond memories I have with my sweet grandmother.

Spring 2007
Wofford Homecoming 2009 (Senior Year)
Easter 2009
Bridal Luncheon 
Rehearsal Dinner
Our Wedding

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your grandmother! I hope this weekend brings you closure as well as sweet memories. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christine,
    The photos made me tear up too - the few times I was around Ethyl she was so delightful and gracious - The way my Grandmother was. I know you will miss her but I am grateful you have so many wonderful memories with her.
    Love you and praying for you and family,
    Momma C

    ReplyDelete