Monday, March 19, 2012

Showing Off My Hometown

My sweet friend Perry and I ventured from her hometown of Tuscaloosa, AL to my hometown of Greenville, SC last weekend. What a FUN trip it was!

Perry loves to travel, visit new places, and make new friends so I knew a trip to Greenville would be right up her alley. We stayed with my parents who live in a condo in downtown Greenville. It's the perfect place to bring visitors because it's right in the midst of the goings-on of the city.


My parents condo is on the top floor.

Downtown
For dinner on Friday night we strolled down Main Street to one of my favorite downtown restaurants, The Lazy Goat. (This was also the location of our Rehearsal Dinner!) They serve wonderful Mediterranean food and it's the kind of restaurant where you order several small plates and share them among the table-- it was so good! The location of the restaurant is also hard to beat, it sits on the river in Falls Park.



Saturday was full of bopping around Greenville with my mom and Perry and sharing some of our favorite shopping spots with her. Perry, like my mom and I, loves a good bargain on designer clothes so we took her to Labels on Augusta. It is such a great store because you just never know what little gem you are going to come across (and at a great price). Needless to say, all three of us walked out with some great finds!

My Label's purchase
The weather was beautiful on Saturday so we ate at an outdoor lunch spot by the Reedy River Falls, The Overlook Grill. It did not disappoint! Perry and I split the Reuben and Fried Green Tomato BLT with Pimento Cheese, yum! We snapped a few pictures on the bridge by the falls before stopping by a few boutiques-- Monkees of the Westend, the Pink Bee, and Augusta 20.

Mom, Perry and I
Me and Perry
By late afternoon, Perry had worn this pregnant lady out! I was in need of ONLY the best coffee drink in Greenville, a Mocha Freeze from Liquid Highway. If you haven't had one, it's a  MUST when you visit Greenville! Perry wholeheartedly agreed with my drink choice and with a little sugar boost I made it to one more store before insisting that it was time to rest. ;)

Mocha Freeze
On Saturday night, Mom, Dad, Perry and I drove out to a cute little restaurant in Travelers Rest called The Cafe at Williams Hardware. (If you are ever out biking on the Swamp Rabbit trail, this is a wonderful place to stop for a meal.) While we were there my mom's guitar instructor was set-up playing some lively bluegrass music, it was perfect music for the environment. :) Since Saturday was St. Patty's Day, the restaurant had a special menu for the holiday. The food was delicious!

Sunday was a little more restful for us. We attended Downtown Presbyterian Church where we heard a great sermon from Pastor Brian Habig. After church, we met up with my college buddy Jennifer Ridings for a delicious brunch at The Green Room.


With full tummies, we said goodbye to my parents and to Greenville and hit the road for Tuscaloosa! Thank you for coming to Greenville with me Perry! I had a wonderful fun-filled weeekend with you!

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing weekend in a fabulous city with some awesome folks! Thanks for the memory maker!

    ReplyDelete