Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pregnancy = Increased Appetite

My mom has often told me that ever since I was a little girl I have been a snacker. I never liked sitting down for a big meal and much preferred to eat small portions through out the day. I'm sure that wore my mom out to constantly feed her hungry girl. Well, not much has changed! So even before I was pregnant I couldn't get through the morning or afternoon without a snack. Now, that hunger has been magnified! I must say, this was not the case for the first 10 weeks but now that I'm through the morning sickness stage I have quite the appetite.

Before Will and I left for South Carolina yesterday (he's going on his annual Turkey hunt in Estell with his hunting buddies and I'm spending the weekend in Greenville with my family and visiting my grandmother) I decided to take a lunchbox full of drinks, snacks and a sandwich. As I was packing up my goodie bag I mentioned to Will, "You know you're pregnant when...it's only been an hour since lunch and you are already preparing for when hunger strikes!" Well, it didn't take this girl long because (I'm not even kidding) we weren't even in the car 10 minutes before I was hungry for my turkey sandwich and a little while later I was eating an orange and then my cinnamon applesauce. :)

As we were approaching Atlanta (our halfway point) Will asked if he thought I could wait to eat dinner when we got to Commerce, GA. I laughed and told him that I did not pack enough snacks to make it that far! It wasn't too long after we had this comment that I insisted it was time to eat dinner. Our conversation went something like this:

Will: Be on the lookout for something that looks good to you.
Me: Okay.
Will: How about Arby's or Chickfila?
Me: No. I don't want a sandwich, salad or french fries. I need something with more substance.
Will: Cracker Barrel?
Me: YES!! I mean, is that what you want?
Will: It's not about what I want. It's more important that I have a happy passenger for the next 2 hours.
Me: Yeah, I agree. Thanks sweets!

So with that we stopped at the next exit with a Cracker Barrel and it did not disappoint! Will thought it would be funny to take a picture of me enjoying my veggie plate.


Thank you Will for stopping at Cracker Barrel for your very hungry wife! It was just what I was in the mood for. With a full tummy and it getting dark outside, I was asleep in no time. So I guess I was a happy passenger for the remainder of the trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment