Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Prayers

Ethel & Cannon at our Wedding
My grandmother Ethel was admitted to the hospital last Thursday, March 22, with pneumonia. Since being admitted her condition has worsened and she is now in ICU on a respirator. Please join me and my family in lifting my grandmother up in prayer. I have been praying that God would restore her health (she was in great health before coming down with pneumonia), that she would be comforted by the steadfast love of the Lord, and that she would have rest and trust in the Lord during this time.

A verse that I have taken comfort in the last few days is 2 Corinthians 1:3-5. 

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, 
the Father of mercies and God of all comfort,
who comforts us in all our affliction, 
so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, 
with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.
For as we share abundantly in Christ's sufferings, 
so through Christ we share abundantly in comfort too.

No comments:

Post a Comment